Sunday, March 23, 2008

THE GREATEST SACRIFICE


Today's service was well attended with over 250 people.


Here are our church youth leading the worship service. Thank you so much father for these boys and girls


Wow, wow, today was such a beautiful day here in the church. First of all we had some light rain drops in the town although I managed to get to church before I got wet. The rain drops were very energizing. Thank God

Many people joined us at church today and the singing was great, the elderly and the young presented songs and we all sung together as a congregation. Brother Vincent gave today’s sermon. The theme for today was “The greatest sacrifice’ and I tell it was very moving. After the sermon 7 people gave their lives to Jesus.

Brother Dick reminded the Christians to always look up to Christ for he overcame death therefore he has got the power to help them overcome all their needs and worries.

While I used this Sunday to remind them to put their trust in the lord for he is king of all and in all things both here on earth and in the heavens.

The youth had a special presentation today, they lead the worship part of the service and they all presented a skit to the congregation after service and after their skit I asked them how they wanted to spend their Easter holiday? They all in unison answered” by helping someone in our community who has a need” I asked them if they knew someone in particular that need help and they said they wanted me to tell them someone I think needs help. There and then I remembered a member of our congregation who lives about 2 miles away and who lives in a house whose walls are made of dry banana leaves, I asked them if they would not mind spending their Easter Monday digging up the ground, collecting water about a mile away, mixing it together and making a mud wall for this old lady? They said they would be glad spending their day helping than spending it visiting friends. In inner me, I was moved by this gesture. One young girl said she is doing this for the glorification and honor of God. That statement moved me more.

I thank God for he has given us young men and women who love and care about others. This makes me happy because this is one of the things taught to me and Brother Dick by our mentor so we feel good when we meet others who love helping others.

We encourage our members to think of others before themselves because we believe it reflects Christ in them.

Tomorrow in the morning at 7:30am a group of 36 youth are going to get on a pick-up truck and head to this old lady’s home and work her house walls till about 6:00pm and then head back to church from where we shall head to our homes and get ready for the Tuesday school.
I am going to post here some of this house pictures before and after the guys work it. By the way the old lady told me when I visited her two weeks ago that a Good Samaritan constructed this house for her and he told her to find money to put in mud walls but she couldn’t because she doesn’t have a job and yet it would cost her tones of money to do it. She has got two very sweet kids who were left by her late relative, she takes care of them although she also needs someone to take of care. She has got a golden heart.

A dry banana leaves wall house would be a very cold house in the night for anybody in this Western Uganda weather so when we finally put a mud wall she and the kids will have some warm nights.

God is continually being to us. He has given us his son, live and great friend and things in the world. I can’t imagine how the world would have been without Christian men and women.

This reminds me, we have a 12 yr old boy in the church who during our last Friday evening bible study sung a song. In the song he said Jesus you are the sweetest thing God has ever given us, he went on to say Jesus is the most wonderful name in universse. Yes lord Jesus you are sweet and we thank you for coming to save us. We bless your name lord.

God bless you friends, brothers and sisters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home